At SHCF, we endeavor to follow the Biblical form of musical worship by incorporating various instruments, clapping and the raising of hands, shouting, singing, dancing and flagging into our corporate times of worship.
- Psalm 150: 3-6 “Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet: praise Him with the lute and harp! Praise Him with tambourine and dance; praise Him with stringed and wind instruments! Praise Him with resounding cymbals; praise Him with loud clashing cymbals! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!”
- Psalm 47:1 “O clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with voice of triumph and songs of joy!”
- Psalm 63:4 “So I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name.” Psalm 95:1 “O come, let us sing to the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our salvation!”
- Numbers 21:23 “…The Lord their God is with Israel, and the shout of praise to their King is among the people.
- Psalm 149:3 “Let them praise His name in the dance…”
- Isaiah 5:26 “And He will lift up an ensign (flag, banner) to the nations from far…” Isaiah 11:12 “And He shall set up an ensign for the nations…”
- Isaiah 13:2 “Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain…”
- Jeremiah 50:2 “Declare ye among the nations, and publish, and set up a standard (flag, banner)…”
We encourage each participant to allow the gifts of the Holy Spirit to operate through them during our service, whether it is by sharing a Scripture or speaking forth a prophetic word.
1 Corinthians 14:26 “…When you meet together, each one has a hymn, a teaching, a disclosure of special knowledge or information, an utterance in a tongue, or an interpretation of it. But let everything be constructive and edifying and for the good of all.”
We employ the use of contemporary Christian music, hymns and original music in our worship service, while allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us into His presence, where the Prophetic stream of worship can flow to and from us.